Data Transformation Analyst
High-level: Analysts analyze data and document their results and recommendations in order to solve problems, provide information needed to make business decisions and make recommendations for continuous improvement. Incumbents develop, administer and enhance tools and systems that manage Company information. Analysts typically prepare for their role by either achieving a post-secondary degree in a specific field, obtaining certification, or by on-the-job training and work experience. Incumbents may directly manage a small number of direct reports; the primary function of the role is applying analytical knowledge and skills as an exempt-level individual contributor.
Detail: Senior Data Transformation System Analysts work directly with business leadership, business SME’s and business architects to address requirements related to data value propositions. Applies business and software analysis outcomes to design/document and recommend possible solutions. Writes business, system and programming specifications aligned with business requirements/needs. Provides input into cost estimations and project plans. Prepares and maintains business/technical documentation including flow charts, models, and procedures, user guides, scorecards and reporting to assist with the ongoing operation and maintenance of technology solutions. Assigned to complex projects, systems or initiatives as they related to ongoing organization data transformation needs.
Senior Data Transformation Systems Analysts lead efforts, oversee work results, provide training and serve as a technical resource for other IT Systems Analyst’s and business resources.
The essential functions listed represent the major duties of this role, additional duties may be assigned.
- Analyzes/documents business requirements to determine technical requirements and identifies impacted areas/systems/processes and evaluates alternative solutions
- Researches and assists in designing solutions for general maintenance requests to resolve system/ date related problems
- Prepares detailed system requirements and assists in functional design solutions for new products/functionality and enhancements to existing products/functionality
- Provide oversight and final review of design specification
- Lead effort to identify and evaluate alternative solutions
- Take the initiative to seek out areas of improvement
- Act as a team leader to ensure progress against goals and timely reporting to management
- Assigned to highly complex projects, systems or initiatives
- Act as a mentor, providing coaching and guidance and reviewing work of other SAs and business partners
- Oversees the design artifacts produced by other team members to ensure the necessary design considerations were made and in alignment with business needs
- Works with Developers and other IT staff to determine system components and functional flow of components and data between components
- Ensures adherence to practices, standards, policies and procedures
- Assists in test execution for various system components
- Influences business/stakeholders and/or is instrumental in driving business decisions while proposing solutions built on Value Proposition
- 6+ years related work experience or equivalent combination of transferable experience and education.
- Application development and/or systems analysis role
- No supervisory/management experience required
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent work experience IT related field
- Thorough knowledge of Information Technology fields and computer systems
- Demonstrated organizational, analytical and interpersonal skills
- Strong understanding of integration points of assigned business/systems and processes
- Proven leadership abilities including effective knowledge sharing, conflict resolution, facilitation of open discussions, fairness and displaying appropriate levels of assertiveness
- Proficient in requirements gathering methodologies and the SDLC
- Understanding of a variety of architecture standards and ability to apply them in their design work
- Ability to manage tasks independently and take ownership of responsibilities
- Ability to learn from mistakes and apply constructive feedback to improve performance
- Ability to communicate highly complex technical information clearly and articulately for all levels and audiences
- Ability to adapt to a rapidly changing environment
- High critical thinking skills to evaluate alternatives and present solutions that are consistent with business objectives and strategy.
- Extensive knowledge and experience of systems, subsystems, development methodologies, systems architecture, tools and processes that support the assigned business initiative or system.
- Proficient using SQL in one or more enterprise level databases (i.e. Oracle, DB2, SQL Server etc)
- Experience with NO SQL Databases (i.e. MONGO)
Job Status: Full Time