Data Specialist II
Data Specialist II
The Decision Support Analytics team resides within the Health Business’ Enterprise Shared Services (ESS). Decision Support Analytics team members provide analytical and operational support to the core processes of ESS; act as consultants and analytical support for the Enterprise; engage with Information Technology (IT) to define, prototype and operationalize business solutions.
The Data Specialist II assists the analytics team to provide insights, analysis, and maintains analytical findings. Accountable for identifying and quantifying key drivers for the Enterprise as well as investigating areas of opportunity.
- Write basic programs for data extraction using SQL.
- Modifies existing programs for data extraction.
- Makes use of SAS, R, Python, or related programming skills to manipulate and analyze datasets.
- Proactively seeks training and builds knowledge/experience of tools, languages and data sources.
- Analyzes data and uses statistical analysis tools and techniques to derive insights.
- Produces basic spreadsheets, documents and presentations that are easy to follow (e.g. Excel and PowerPoint).
- Participates in the peer reviewing of work to ensure the quality of deliverables.
- Develops and demonstrates foundational knowledge of one or more data sources within the Health Business.
- Assists in the mapping and documentation of processes and programs in achieving stated goals.
- 2+ years related work experience or equivalent combination of transferable experience and education.
- Bachelor's degree required.
- Previous experience with a programming language.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office products.
- Ability to manage tasks independently, take ownership of responsibilities and meet deadlines.
- Strong written and oral communication skills.
- Bachelor's degree in Business Analytics, Health Economics, Statistics, Engineering, Mathematics or related field.