Data Engineer/ BI Developer
BTG, in partnership with a top ranked insurance company in Florida, has an immediate need for a Data Engineer - Guidewire Data Hub in Jacksonville, FL or Birmingham, AL.
Requirements of the Data Engineer/ BI Developer
- 8+ years of ETL coding experience (3+ years in SAP BODS)
- 8+ years of DW/EDW, Data Hub/Data Lake experience in a lead development role
- 8+ years in SQL (T-SQL / PL SQL)
- 8+ years in RDBMS's (MS SQL Server / Oracle)
- 8+ years in BI Tools (Cognos/Business Objects or equivalent) (setting up framework, star-schemas, admin functions)
- 8+ years in ETL Tools (3+ Years in SAP BODS or equivalent)
- 5+ years of Guidewire Insurance experience (PC / BC / CC)
- 2+ years of Guidewire Data Hub / Info Center experience
- Must have the desire to learn new technologies and technical tools
- Education equivalent to a college degree in an information technology related discipline, supplemented by insurance or computer-related courses/knowledge, or the equivalent in related work experience.
- 10+ years of ETL coding experience with 5+ years in SAP BODS
- Property and Casualty insurance industry experience
- Guidewire Insurance Suite experience
- Guidewire Data Hub / Info Center experience a huge plus
- 10+ years of DW/EDW, Data Hub/Data Lake experience in a lead development role
- 10+ years of ETL coding experience with 3+ years in a lead role
- 3+ years experience in Cognos
- 7 + years experience in SAP BODS
- Experience in Cloud computing
- Some experience with Java concepts
Benefits of the Data Engineer/ BI Developer
- Medical/ Dental/ Vision within the first month of being hired
- Annual Bonus
- Company-matched 401k
- Tuition Assistance
- Generous PTO
- Discounts on home and auto insurance
Responsibilities of the Data Engineer/ BI Developer
- This position must be experienced in and be a lead member of a team to drive technical development efforts supporting a variety of ETL-based technology solutions including the ETL processes to support the data flows into and out of the Guidewire Data Hub and Info Center. This includes utilizing SAP BODS for loading SQL Server tables for down-stream processing as well as star schemas for Cognos reporting
- In this role, you will be responsible for providing a leadership level of technical support during the development, implementation and production support phases. This includes analysis, design and code reviews, coordinating and developing code, debugging and unit/regression/integration testing. Ability to build, understand, tweak and utilize technical specifications, design documents, functional designs and requirements are required. Knowledge of estimation process is required.
- Involved throughout the entire development lifecycle (e.g., initial concept, requirement gathering, development support, testing, and final implementation and post production support).
If you believe that your skills and experience are a match for this position, please submit your most current resume and a recruiter will be in contact. Resumes can be submitted via email to ************* or by applying online at https://jobs.btginc.com. You may also give us a call at 904-998-9414 to speak to a recruiter.