BTG, in partnership with a top ranked insurance company in Florida, has an immediate need for a Data Architect.
Requirements of the Data Architect
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or relevant field.
- A minimum of 3 years' experience in a similar role.
- Must have AWS or Azure experience.
- Familiarity of system concepts and tools within an enterprise architecture framework.
- Knowledge of various modern data formats, tools, and methodologies.
- Excellent organizational and analytical abilities.
- Outstanding problem solver.
- Good written and verbal communication skills.
Benefits of the Data Architect
- Medical/ Dental/ Vision within the first month of being hired
- Annual Bonus
- Company-matched 401k
- Tuition Assistance
- Generous PTO
- Discounts on home and auto insurance
Responsibilities of the Data Architect
- Mapping data sources, including descriptions of the business meaning of the data, its uses, its quality, the applications that maintain it and the database technology in which it is stored. Documentation of a data source must describe the semantics of the data so that the occasional subtle differences in meaning are understood.
- Documenting interfaces and data movement by recording how mapped data is moved around the virtual enterprise. This includes the frequency of movement, the source and destination of each step, how the data is transformed as it moves, and any aggregation or calculations.
- Designing the movement of data through the enterprise, including sources of data and how the data is moved around in order to be improved.
- Defining integrative views of data to draw together data from across the enterprise. Some views will use a database of extracted data and others will bring together data in near real time, considering data currency, availability, response times and data volumes.
- Designing canonical data views to limit technical debt as data flows from point-to-point transformation.
- Defining technical standards and guidelines. Assess and document when and how to use the architected producers and consumers, the technologies to be used for various purposes, and models of selected entities, objects and processes. The guidelines should encourage reuse of existing data stores, as well as address issues of security, timeliness and quality.
- Investigate and participate in emerging technologies and new release Proofs of Concept (PoCs).
- Leveraging existing [core] data assets.
- Managing related metadata to include business descriptions of the data, details of any calculations or summaries, descriptions of the sources of the data, and indications of data quality and currency.
- Communicating the data architecture across the enterprise.
- Ensuring a focus on data quality by working effectively with data stewards so they can understand data semantics and identify opportunities for improving data quality.
If you believe that your skills and experience are a match for this position, please submit your most current resume and a recruiter will be in contact. Resumes can be submitted via email to email@example.com or by applying online at https://jobs.btginc.com. You may also give us a call at 904-998-9414 to speak to a recruiter.