BTG, in partnership with a top ranked cosmetics manufacturer in Florida, has an immediate need for a Cosmetic Chemist.
Requirements of the Cosmetic Chemist
- BS in chemistry
- Three to five years of professional experience working in a lab in the cosmetics industry
- Strong communication skills, both verbal and written
- Leadership skills
- Experience as a section head in a chemical laboratory desired
- Should have strong research skills
- Be analytical with strong problem-solving skills
- Be passionate, enthusiastic, creative, flexible and positive
Benefits of the Cosmetic Chemist
- Medical/ Dental/ Vision
Responsibilities of the Cosmetic Chemist
- Oversees the daily workflow of the department
- Supervises chemical analysis processes. Reviews the work assignments of chemists and support staff for optimum staff utilization.
- Plans analytical procedures for use in complex analyses. Reviews special chemical investigations. Writes and/or reviews reports.
- Reviews monthly inventory of chemical supplies and equipment. Checks accuracy of laboratory weights, balances, and volumetric glassware.
- Consult with new and existing ingredient suppliers and help source raw materials
- Developing and maintaining timelines, resource allocations and budgets for projects assigned
- Reviews changes to company chemical analysis manual and approves for distribution.
- May substitute for the Manager of Chemical Engineering in his or her absence and participate in monthly facility staff meetings.
- May represent the company at industry technical meetings and trade shows.
If you believe that your skills and experience are a match for this position, please submit your most current resume and a recruiter will be in contact. Resumes can be submitted via email to ************* or by applying online at https://jobs.btginc.com. You may also give us a call at 904-998-9414 to speak to a recruiter.