Requires talented, experienced, professional with good business acumen, basic legal acuity, project management and organization skills. These skills, combined with a suite of competencies designed to work and coordinate with the client's leadership, business development, operational business personnel and Enterprise Legal resources to ensure that contracts are produced to support the business goals of the client. Resource must be a self-starter who requires minimal supervision in performing assigned tasks and has the ability to comprehend legal, financial and business concepts. Resource drafts Statement of Work (SOW) and associated Change Requests business language, prepares SOW templates, prepares management reporting to summarize the status of contract development, provides information to aid in management decision-making and maintains and tracks executed contract information.
- The essential functions listed represent the major duties of this role, additional duties may be assigned.
- Interacting and collaborating well with internal stakeholders from the client's leadership, Business Development, operational resources, Finance, Enterprise Legal, Compliance, IT, and other functional business areas. as applicable to gathering information necessary to draft Statements of Work and support Legal with development of other contract types
- Maintaining strict compliance with corporate policies and procedures relating to Business Ethics and Code of Conduct
- Must be able to, with minimal supervision, determine the appropriate contracting approach to mid-complexity contract needs, as well as draft, and present all language within such contracts with prospects, clients and vendors
- Must possess a good working knowledge and understanding of legal, risk and business implications of contract language
- Must be detail and teamwork oriented with excellent organizational skills
- Must be able to handle multiple assignments and achieve goals and deadlines in a fast-paced environment
- Must possess computer skills (i.e. Word, Excel, PowerPoint) with the ability to grasp other software applications required to perform job duties
- Prepare SOW, change request and task order templates and coordinate and incorporate input from key stakeholders and subject matter experts (e.g. GWC Connect business, GWC Finance, Enterprise business, Legal) into SOW’s and other contract forms (working with Legal)
- Manage contract versioning
- Coordinate with Legal and Compliance to obtain input to SOW’s regarding regulatory requirements
- Confirm the client's Finance approved pricing that is developed by the client's business and is contained in contracts
- Assist the client's Legal in preparation of applicable agreements
- Prepare contracts for signature by authorized client officer
- Maintain the client's executed contracts in an electronic repository and file executed paper copies for reference
- Summarize key contract terms to support decision making and repeatable processes
- Track the client's contract renewal dates and inform the client's leadership of upcoming renewals/ expirations
- Follow up with the client's Business Development, Account Managers and other key stakeholders on contract status
- Prepare weekly contract status report
- Duties as assigned by the CFO
- Bachelors Degree or equivalent work experience in related field
- Must have at least 2 years of successful contract management experience in mid-complexity related Professional Services or General Business Services
- Requires strategic as well as tactical knowledge process improvement to promote a change in procedural compliance.
- Proven ability to influence across matrix and at management levels
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Proven ability to lead cross functional teams
- Solid contract drafting and terminology knowledge that includes understanding of subtleties of contract language, risk based language, contracting traps and pitfalls, document management and control.
- Proven ability gain a good working knowledge of the products and services the client provides to inform contract development and understanding which business subject matter experts from whom to obtain business direction and input.
- A good understanding of best practices for contracting
- Ability to multi-task and handle several assignments concurrently while still meeting deadlines
- Ability to work independently, reviewing moderate to complex contract issues and recommending appropriate resolutions
- Ability to comprehend complex problems
- Strong organizational and time management skills
- Paralegal preferred, but not required
- Understanding technology related professional services
- Experience in business process outsourcing
Job Status: Full Time