This specialist will be working on the Innovation team, charged with proactively demonstrating and communicating advanced technology solutions to the enterprise. The team is responsible for creating enterprise efficiencies through IT capabilities (via rapid prototyping) to help shift the IT culture from service providers to IT solution partners. This specialist will be responsible for creating communication content, keeping SharePoint up-to-date, sending internal communication campaigns. The ideal candidate would be a communications specialist, energetic, and a proven track record in implementing marketing communication plans. They demonstrate creative abilities with regards to writing, has experience with event planning and execution, shows initiative and needs minimal direction, has strong writing and editing skills, and is fluent in content management systems. This person should be a self-starter who can bring innovative ideas to the team.
Requirements of the Communications Specialist
- Proven experience as communications specialist
- Experience in content production via memos, newsletters, formal presentations
- Experience in copywriting and editing
- Advanced knowledge of MS Office and/or other communication mediums
- Excellent communication (oral and written) and presentation skills
- Outstanding organizational and planning abilities
- BA in public relations, communications or relevant field
- 2 years relatable experience
Benefits of the Communications Specialist
- $25 - $32 per hour, depending on experience
- Full time hours, 6 month contract
- Medical / Dental / Vision
Responsibilities of the Communications Specialist
- Develop effective communication strategies
- Manage internal communications (memos, newsletters etc.)
- Assist in communication of strategies or messages from senior leadership
- Provide communications leadership and input for all strategic planning and delivery outcomes in conjunction with executive and management leaders.
- Develop a comprehensive internal communications strategy that outlines how to increase employee understanding of enterprise-wide deliverables.
- Distribute executive messages, prepare presentations and internal memos, and conduct meetings to share information.
- Ensure organizational initiatives and projects are successfully communicated to all employee levels.
- Plan, edit and write content for a variety of internal communications mediums, such as a enterprise intranet, executive and management presentations or regular email bulletin. You may also be required to work on the layout of content.
- Draft messages or scripts from senior executives for presentation to employees in written or spoken form.
- Ensure internal communications messages are consistent across all mediums and for different departments of the organization.
- Respond to feedback from staff and adjust communications content accordingly.
- Ensure organizational initiatives, changes and projects are successfully communicated to the employee within the company.
- Occasionally playing the role of project manager, in terms of coordinating content and/or events.
- Work collaboratively across all levels of the business, from executive leaders to non-management employees, to gather information, analyze it and create messages, articles, stories, presentations, etc.
If you believe that your skills and experience are a match for this position, please submit your most current resume and a recruiter will be in contact. Resumes can be submitted via e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org or apply on line at https://jobs.btginc.com. You may also give us a call at 904-998-9414 to speak to a Recruiter.