Business Systems Analyst III
- Experience in a product owner role managing the roadmap and vision for an evolving IT product.
- IT Business Systems Analysts collect and analyze information to formulate the scope and objectives of technology solutions.
- Writes system and programming specifications so that when the system is implemented it will meet user needs.
- Provides input into cost estimations and project plans.
- Prepares and maintains technical documentation including flow charts, models, and procedures, user guides, scorecards and reporting to assist with the ongoing operation and maintenance of technology solutions.
- Assigned to complex projects, systems or initiatives.
- Analyzes business requirements to determine technical requirements and identifies impacted areas/systems/processes and evaluates alternative solutions
- Researches and assists in designs solutions for general maintenance requests to resolve system problems
- Prepares detailed system requirements and assists in functional design solutions for new products/functionality and enhancements to existing products/functionality
- Provide oversight and final review of design specificationTake the initiative to seek out areas of improvement
- Act as a design team leader to ensure progress against goals and timely reporting to management Assigned to highly complex projects, systems or initiatives.
- Act as a mentor, providing coaching and guidance and reviewing work of other BSAs within the team.
- Oversees the design artifacts produced by other SAs to ensure the necessary design considerations were made.
- Provides input into forecasting and project-planning for scope/requirements documents and/or vendor contracts to minimize risk to on time, cost effective solution fulfillment.
- Leads a systematic process for capturing requirements.
- Works with partners to capture requirements in a standard format that can serve as the foundation for developing technical documentation.
- Using SDLC processes and associated tools, analyzes current system targeted for replacement/enhancement to determine business and technical functions to be included in design.
- Works with Developers and other IT staff to determine system components and functional flow of components and data between components.
- Responsible for consensus and relationship building between Business, IT teams and BRMs
- Creates detailed program specifications from which a developer can code.Validates the design documentation .
- Works with Solutions lead to influence business/stakeholders and/or is instrumental in driving business decisions while proposing solutions built on Value Proposition.
- Accountable for clearly linking the IT solution to the business vision/strategy while coaching junior analysts to help them understand the business priorities
- 5 or more years work experience in business systems analysis role or equivalent combination of transferrable experience and education.
- Bachelor’s degree in an IT related field or equivalent work experience
- Thorough knowledge of Information Technology fields and computer systems
- Demonstrated organizational, analytical and interpersonal skills
- Strong understanding of integration points of assigned business/systems and processes
- Proven leadership abilities including effective knowledge sharing, conflict resolution, facilitation of open discussions, fairness and displaying appropriate levels of assertiveness
- Proficient in requirements gathering methodologies and the SDLC
- Ability to manage tasks independently and take ownership of responsibilities
- Strong execution skillsets
- Ability to communicate highly complex technical information clearly and articulately for all levels and audiences
- Ability to adapt to a rapidly changing environment
- High critical thinking skills to evaluate alternatives and present solutions that are consistent with business objectives and strategy.
- Extensive knowledge and experience of systems, subsystems, development methodologies, systems architecture, tools and processes that support the assigned business initiative or system.
- Experience using Agile methodology
- Knowledge of healthcare insurance industry specifically care / population health management / Utilization Management / Clinical Data
If you have any questions, please call 904-998-9414 and reference Business Systems Analyst position.
Job Status: Full Time