Business System Analyst
BTG, in partnership with a top ranked healthcare company in Florida, has an immediate need for a Business Systems Analyst.
Requirements of the Business Systems Analyst
- 2-3 years' experience in an analytical role, preferably in a BSA or similar role.
- Bachelor's Degree in a Computer, Mathematics, or Business-related field or relevant work experience
- Visio and Word Experience
- Previous experience with system/user administration in a project portfolio management web applications and time recording systems
- Able to provide examples of authored user-facing documentation such as user guides, desktop procedures (DTPs) or standard operating procedures (SOPs)
- Articulate and clear communication skills with experience in successfully interacting with various audiences including executive leadership team, software developers, business users and process owners, direct management, etc.
- Positive "deskside" or "phone" mannerisms to support large user base with issues
- High energy, self-starter who is technically savvy, eager to learn new things, learns things quickly and makes things their own
- Demonstrated innovator that challenges the status quo and thrives "outside of the box"
- Passion for driving operational efficiencies
- Examples of going the extra mile to get things done AHEAD of schedule, while still delivering on the details, and exceeding "customer's" expectations achieving the WOW factor
- Experience Loading Users, Issue Support/User Troubleshooting, Time reporting and compliance, Uploads/Building data loader spreadsheets, Documenting procedures and workflows (Visio and word experience)
- 2-3 years of experience in an analytical role, preferable supporting some sort of Time Reporting or Project Portfolio tool
Benefits of the Business Systems Analyst
- Flexible hours, M-F
- Medical/ Dental/ Vision
Responsibilities of the Business Systems Analyst
- Serves as System Administrator and primary issue support for Product
- Analyzes business needs then translates and documents operational business requirements into functional specifications for the applicable business unit. Negotiates timeframes and drives completion of agreed upon objectives from requirements to final implementations.
- Devises or modifies procedures to solve complex problems considering system capacity and limitations, operating time, and form of desired results.
- Research, validate, and prepare data for presentations, meetings, and other distribution channels to drive decision making for a variety of internal and external audiences. Documents include reports, proposals, policies, procedures, issue logs, and status updates.
- Develop and build internal partnerships to improve communication, coordination, collaboration and effective working relationships within own department and across the Company.
- Develop an extensive understanding of the business unit's function and effectively communicates technical issues in non-technical terms to the business unit.
- Review and clarify user stories/scope statements and user acceptance criteria with stakeholders and work with operational and IT business partners for further clarification as needed to finalize technical design and workflows.
- Ensures that the appropriate planning, preparation and execution of various testing activities is conducted for the work effort.
- Monitors system implementation ensuring user satisfaction and be comfortable with being hands on in support of implemented solutions. Operational readiness, Implementation/Warranty Support, Production support, Project analytics and reporting.
- Process issues received from business line areas and IT. Researches, analyzes and resolves issues within scope of job. Provide production support and issue resolution for the ongoing operation and maintenance of technology solutions.
If you believe that your skills and experience are a match for this position, please submit your most current resume and a recruiter will be in contact. Resumes can be submitted via email to a