Business Architect I
IT Business Architects provide consultation to business area clients regarding the planning, execution and benefit realization of business technology solutions. Works closely with assigned business area executives and key stakeholders to understand the strategic goals and business objectives. They analyze and understand the business direction and impacting programs and ensure alignment to the client’s business mission and objectives. They are accountable for leading the successful transition of the client’s business from the current through the future state through effective planning and are accountable for the realization of expected benefits.
Job functions :
- Leads the tactical process of defining and implementing multi-year, corporate-wide initiatives of the highest levels of risk, complexity, budget dollars and impact to the business by thoroughly understanding the business needs and implications, facilitating and documenting business requirements, building consensus, proactively
- Supports artifact development for regular capability planning
- Influences and assesses current state and desired future state at the program or project level. Provides input to 2-5 year operating vision and identification of capabilities.
- Communicates and interfaces with all key stakeholders
- Participates in the evaluation, selection and implementation of technology solutions including providing detailed analysis of pros and cons and build vs buy options.
- Ensure completion of process design, gap analysis, current and future state, assisting IT partners in translation of business conceptual model into technical specifications.
- Participates in RFP/RFI Planning and creation; attends vendor presentations as the business process and technical consultant representing the Enterprise and strategic vision of business area/entity.
- Acts as a broad level subject matter expert for the business partner in identifying risks and communicating to cross functional areas of IT
- Acts as catalyst to implement change incorporating appropriate change management skills; capable of offering advice to many different levels of business management with an emphasis on functional expertise and technical experience for process improvement; assess organizational process capabilities and mentor and train team members in process improvement methodologies and tools; provide management with accurate and timely status reports of all projects; identify opportunities and metrics to measurement efficiency, gains and improvements; build strong relationships with key internal customers to drive business and financial goals
- Leads the annual business process mapping process with client areas and IT partners.
- Maintains operational, architectural and design documentation including procedures, task lists, and architecture blueprints.
- Tracks and solicits verification that business area/entity operations is in compliance with internal policies, procedures, contracts, regulations and laws and for communicating risk and compliance issues to the appropriate audiences
- Facilitates and, if required, leads design sessions in developing requirements for new initiatives that enhance business and operational processes
- Provide in-depth and sophisticated analysis with interpretive thinking to define different types of business solutions and develops or defines innovative approaches to solve complex business problems.
- 5 or more years of IT Business Analyst, Systems Analyst, Architect and/or Systems Analyst experience including working on multi-year, large scale projects or equivalent combination of transferrable experience and education.
- Bachelor’s degree in an IT related field or equivalent work experience
- Conceptual knowledge of the health care industry
- Ability to manage tasks independently and take ownership of responsibilities
- Ability to learn from mistakes and apply constructive feedback to improve performance
- Ability to adapt to a rapidly changing environment
- Effective interpersonal skills and ability to work well with business area and IT partners
- Demonstrated proficiency with Project Management Methodology and SDLC
- Experience in applying research methodology to business solutions.
- Knowledge of systems development concepts and methods
- Strong concept visualization, presentation communication skills while interacting with a broad spectrum of internal and external individuals and departments
- Ability to challenge status quo and engage in engaging conversations leading to innovation
- Demonstrated negotiation skills and ability to build trust and relationships.
- Experience with business requirements and business process analysis to ensure IT solutions meet the business needs
- Exceptional leadership skills demonstrated through project or technical leadership experience including effective knowledge sharing, conflict resolution, facilitation of open discussions and displaying appropriate levels of assertiveness.
- Experience managing multiple priorities and ability to facilitate adoption of changing priorities
- Ability to translate technical concepts clearly and articulately for all levels and audiences.
- Ability to understand overall IT strategy and apply/implement IT strategy in assigned projects/initiatives
- Expert-level ability to communicate highly complex technical information clearly and articulately to all levels and audiences
- Expert innovator with ability to think beyond established standards and processes
- Expert-level knowledge and experience applying current and emerging technology solutions and trends
- Expert consulting, negotiating, communicating, consensus building, presentation and facilitation skills.
- Experience with MS Suite products including Word, Excel and PowerPoint
- Thorough industry knowledge in related business area and understanding of impact on the organization.
- Demonstrated ability to proactively identify, address and resolve complex issues.
- Demonstrated negotiation skills and ability to build relationships.
- High critical thinking skills and ability to evaluate alternatives and present solutions that are consistent with business objectives and strategy
- Experience in working with Digital, Mobile, IOT capabilities is preferred
- Experience using Agile methodology
- A solid understanding of the healthcare industry and the laws and regulations that govern and/or impact our business
If you have any questions, please call 904-998-9414 and reference Business Architect position.
Job Status: Full Time