Business Analyst II
The business analyst II will be the primary interface between IT and business partners and is responsible for ensuring the requirements identified for a business solution on a project are comprehensive, in-line with the actual business needs and successfully delivered to the business.
Primary Responsibilities & Accountabilities
- Explore, identify and document business requirements (exposing root cause) focusing on understanding and prioritizing business dependencies.
- Develop functional requirements based on the gathered business requirements.
- Perform testing and facilitate user-acceptance testing of new application systems and technology.
- Maintain proficient knowledge and adhere to project management and software delivery methodologies.
- Ensure compliance with project management office ("PMO") standards, procedures and Sarbanes Oxley.
- Ensure required project documentation is current and accurate including but not limited to as-is and to-be business process documents, business requirements, functional requirements, communication plans, training plans, test plans, scenarios and scripts, organizational change management plans and operational support plans.
- Monitor and manage KPIs (TBD) for project relative to the definition, design and delivery of business and functional requirements.
- Evaluate application software packages to ensure business needs are met.
- Maintain proficient working knowledge of use case writing and other requirements analysis techniques.
- Develop and maintain solid partnerships with relevant business, IT, cross team personnel and departments.
- Ensure adherence and support of IT governance policies while maintaining strong customer service orientation.
- Develop and maintain strong relationships with all key business stakeholders to ensure full understanding of business processes and potential future business needs.
- Perform gap analysis, business process re-engineering, requirements gathering and problem-solving activities to meet the business needs.
- Work with the business partners to identify opportunities to improve productivity or efficiency in business processes and define requirements with the business to create solutions to achieve those improvements.
- Develop business relationships and integrating activities with other IT departments to ensure successful implementation and support of project efforts.
- Complete document for training, user guides and quality acceptance test cases.
- Assist recognize and articulate business and technical decision trade-offs.
- Contribute to the usability and performance of applications by acquiring user feedback and cross-referencing business processes with application usage.
- Assist make tough decisions with minimal direction; act as a coach and influence tactical direction.
- Assist participate in technical design to ensure requirements are met.
- Assist PMO in the tracking and documentation of the business benefits and process changes.
- Perform other job-related duties as assigned.
- Bachelor's degree in information technology, computer science, business administration or related field and two (2) years related experience; or an equivalent combination of education and experience
- Compliance with all company policies and procedures.
- Ability to read, write and speak English proficiently.
- Ability to understand and follow English instructions.
- Authorization to work in the United States or the ability to obtain the same.
- Successful completion of pre-employment drug testing and background check.
- Ability to complete multiple tasks simultaneously while adhering to strict deadlines.
- Ability to operate independently and manage complex assignments and concurrent tasks.
- Ability to run small projects and small teams.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Excellent organizational and planning skills.
- Intense focus on detail and accuracy of work.
- Solid organizational, analytical, problem-solving and time management skills.
- Self-starter with the initiative to learn new processes.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills to effectively convey complex and detailed technical information.
- Ability to travel up to 25% of the time, including overnight.
- Lives the Values by embracing the essence of the company demonstrating a commitment to the company’s goal and values.
- Unifies and motivates team through praise and recognition of success with immediate feedback to build an environment of trust.
- Business-driven showing passion for the business, delivering results consistently.
- Customer-oriented by passionately demonstrating that the customer comes firstalways by putting the customer’s needs above all else.
- People Passion through consistently treating others with respect and dignity.
If you have any questions, please call 904-998-9414 and referenceBusiness Analyst II position.
Job Status: Full Time