Associate Technical Service Engineer
The Technical Service Engineer handles installations, upgrades, testing, configuration and/or maintenance for assigned systems and equipment. Provides guidance to customers on function, usage, and operation of IT products and services. Troubleshoots and resolves issues and participates on special projects as assigned. Accountable for research, design, selection, implementation and deployment of technology products and services to meet business needs.
- Handle complex, non-routine and escalated systems administration tickets and tasks
- Monitors systems and performs maintenance and provisioning support for hardware, such as telecommunication equipment, printers, software and video/audio equipment as assigned
- Develop and maintain operational processes and procedures
- Gathers and analyzes business requirements to recommend existing design technology solutions that will meet business needs which may include changing or modifying existing systems or researching vendor solutions.
- Responsible for implementation and deployment of technology design including troubleshooting and resolving issues, developing procedures and documentation.
- Assist other IT areas supporting issues on infrastructure devices
- Troubleshoot and repair hardware and software issues according to documented procedures
- Ensure accurate asset management and tracking
- May provide backup help desk support as needed
- Leads or participates in projects and initiatives as assigned
- May support and participate in Disaster Recovery initiatives
- Other duties as assigned
- 2 or more years of progressive experience with provisioning and troubleshooting technology equipment or equivalent combination of transferable experience and education.
- Must have extensive computer operations knowledge and experience.
- Ability to manage tasks independently and take ownership of responsibilities
- Ability to learn from mistakes and apply constructive feedback to improve performance
- Ability to communicate technical information clearly and articulately
- Ability to adapt to a rapidly changing environment
- High critical thinking skills to evaluate alternatives and present solutions that are consistent with business objectives and strategy
- strong soft skills.
- Team work and collaboration
- Great communication
- Strong customer service experience
- Ability to travel as needed
- Required ability to move, bend and carry computer equipment up to 25lbs.
- Required ability to climb ladders & physically be able to move computer equipment to various locations across building campus/environment without assistance.