Associate - Accounting V
Provide leadership and influence to the design and development of accounting information systems, processes and capabilities and to project teams in support of large scale critical business initiatives.
Act as Finance Business Lead and Finance subject matter expert in the planning, design and implementation of finance-related systems, processes and capabilities, adhering to corporate project management methodologies, to achieve expected results within budget guidelines, on schedule and in accordance with critical success factors as determined by each capability.
Act as Finance Business Lead to integrate financial business processes, controls (end-to-end) and capabilities with functional areas across the organization (e.g., IT Factories, Product Development, Operations - Claims/Membership & Billing, etc.) and facilitate change management activities to ensure that financial capabilities meet corporate needs for initiatives.
Specifically, these duties include:
- Gather process information through work sessions with SME’s and document accurate, comprehensive business requirements for the capability on a timely basis, which includes process flows and financial controls.
- Act as the voice of the Corporate Controller Division to the assigned initiative teams.
- Produce business deliverables on a timely basis; ensure project deliverables satisfy business requirements, adhere to applicable standards, and address internal/financial controls, ensuring Model Audit Rule considerations/requirements are documented.
- Resolve tactical business issues.
- Identify process improvements and efficiencies.
- Develop benefit realization metrics.
- Proactive and timely communication of status on business deliverables, including issues and risks.
- Work with business partners during planning phase to understand objectives to identify accounting implications and influence contract provisions with external vendors.
- Verify that System Requirements developed by IT fully accomplish business requirements (no gaps).
- Build comprehensive (end-to-end) test scenarios and perform User Acceptance Testing.
- Prepare business areas for implementation (Operational Readiness) by developing/ delivering training and coordinating creation of SOP’s with SME’s.
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or Accounting Information Systems
- 8-10 plus years of leadership experience in Financial Accounting or Internal Audit environment, including financial statement preparation & analysis, internal controls, and exposure to all Accounting operations and computerized systems in a complex environment
- Proficiency in both Accounting & Auditing to assess the financial process implications of business strategies, monitor and ensure compliance with financial policies & procedures, ensuring the accuracy of financial data within end-to-end business processes
- Must possess a sound knowledge of the insurance/managed care industry practices and regulatory considerations
- Proven ability to manage large-scale, complex change efforts and projects, including the design, development, and implementation of innovative business capabilities intended to achieve strategic direction
- Demonstrated ability to achieve business results in an environment of ambiguity, conflict, and constantly changing business needs
- Must have ability to lead, influence, manage, collaborate and build relationships with individuals across the organization and achieve results through those who are not direct reports
- Must be able to communicate highly detailed and technical financial information in a concise and understandable way to all levels of the organization
- Must be results-oriented, a consistent top performer in meeting or exceeding goals, and proficient in decision-making and implementing viable solutions based upon sound judgment, analysis and knowledge/experience
Business specific criteria (preferred skills):
- Certified Public Accountant designation
- Big 4 Public Accounting firm experience
- Master’s of Accounting or Master’s of Business Administration
- Knowledge of the automated financial systems of BCBSF
- Knowledge of BCBSF project management methodology and tools, including process flows mapping
- Black Belt certification
- Certified Information Systems Auditor, Certified Information Technology Professional, or Certified Internal Auditor
If you have any questions, please call 904-998-9414 and reference Accounting Associate position.
Job Status: Full Time