BTG, in partnership with a top ranked insurance company in Florida, has an immediate need for a Applications Developer.
Requirements of the Applications Developer
- 5+ years of current experience developing Java J2EE applications.
- 2+ years of current experience with Guidewire PolicyCenter is preferred.
- Proven experience with Upgrades, Conversions, and adding large / new Claim functionality is a plus.
- Mainframe experience is a plus.
- Proven experience in developing enterprise level projects involving cross departmental teams
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Education: Education or work experience equivalent to a four year degree in an Information Technology related discipline.
- Able to live and work full time in Jacksonville, Florida
- Occasional travel may be required.
Benefits of the Applications Developer
- Qualify for your choice of health and dental plans within your first month.
- Save for your future with robust 401(k) match, Health Spending Accounts and various retirement plans.
- Tuition Assistance Program, paid certifications and continuing education programs.
- Balance your life with generous paid time off and business casual dress.
- Discounts on home and auto insurance products..
Responsibilities of the Applications Developer
- In this role you will provide technical consulting and support on Guidewire PolicyCenter.
- You will act as a technical resource in the many phases of the development and implementation process.
- You will conduct code and design reviews, develop code, unit test and sign off on technical specifications including design documents, functional designs and requirements.
- Knowledge of estimation process and participation is required.
- You will provide on-call production support assistance in addition to defect resolutions (planned and unplanned).
- All development will follow Service Oriented Architecture patterns
If you believe that your skills and experience are a match for this position, please submit your most current resume and a recruiter will be in contact. Resumes can be submitted via email to firstname.lastname@example.org or by applying online at https://jobs.btginc.com. You may also give us a call at 904-998-9414 to speak to a recruiter.