BTG, in partnership with a top ranked insurance company in Florida, has an immediate need for an Applications Architect.
This position will focus on reviewing and establishing enterprise standards for end to end monitoring, alerting, and performance to improve key availability, resiliency and recovery time goals for our critical systems/applications. This is an exciting opportunity for the architect to influence and shape policies on MTTR/MTBI, operational processes, standards/guidelines, and solutions that pro-actively address issues before they impact system functionality or performance.
Requirements of the Applications Architect
- 8+ years of progressively more responsible work experience in a technical discipline
- Education College degree in computer science or related field, or the equivalent in related work experience
- Expert level experience with programming languages and frameworks like Java, Spring, Python etc.
- Experience with APM tools & monitoring technologies such as Prometheus, Grafana, AppDynamics, Splunk
- Strong working knowledge of AWS Cloud, EKS, DevOps, Jenkins, Tomcat, Apache HTTPD, Load Balancers
- Ability to troubleshoot problems in the app stack - client side, infrastructure, networking and server side
- Ability to dive into the codebase to identify potential issues related to application stability, resiliency or availability
- Experience working on large, cross functional teams including ability to drive/lead the collective to the desired goal
- Experience identifying and escalating blockers, technical challenges and constraints.
Benefits of the Applications Architect
- Qualify for your choice of health and dental plans within your first month.
- Save for your future with robust 401(k) match, Health Spending Accounts, and various retirement plans.
- Tuition Assistance Program, paid certifications, and continuing education programs.
- Balance your life with generous paid time off and business casual dress.
- Discounts on home and auto insurance products..
Responsibilities of the Applications Architect
- Evaluate/Identify capability gaps and provide solutions; Lead projects to improve availability, stability, and reliability
- Drive improvements on Mean-Time-To-Repair (MTTR), Mean-Time-Between-Incidents (MTBI) and Uptime metrics
- Establish application logging standards to enable more effective troubleshooting for issue resolution and identification of root causes
- Establish a high standard of Observability across our system to improve understanding and visibility of potential issues
- Standardization of APM Dashboards and metric calculations of technical and business KPIs.
- Engagement with performance testing and engineering teams in pre-prod
- Perform ongoing reliability and performance reviews for critical applications/systems and technology stacks
- Engagement and code commit responsibility with AppDev and Engineering teams for performance and reliability facets
- Define, track, review and report on Service Level Objectives (SLOs), Service Level Indicators (SLIs), System Availability, and the progress and outcomes related to reliability initiatives.
If you believe that your skills and experience are a match for this position, please submit your most current resume and a recruiter will be in contact. Resumes can be submitted via email to firstname.lastname@example.org or by applying online at https://jobs.btginc.com. You may also give us a call at 904-998-9414 to speak to a recruiter.