Analyst - Business Analysis IV
Senior Gateway IT Business Systems Analyst
- Collect and analyze information to formulate the scope and objectives of technology solutions.
- Conducts feasibility studies to design possible technology solutions. Writes system and programming specifications so that when the system is implemented it will meet user needs.
- Provides input into cost estimations and project plans.
- Prepares and maintains technical documentation including flow charts, models, and procedures, user guides, and scorecards and reporting to assist with the ongoing operation and maintenance of technology solutions.
- Assigned to complex projects, systems or initiatives. Senior IT Systems Analysts lead efforts, oversee work results, provide training and serve as a technical resource for other IT Systems Analyst.
- Analyzes business requirements to determine technical requirements and identifies impacted areas/systems/processes and evaluates alternative solutions
- Researches and assists in designs solutions for general maintenance requests to resolve system problems
- Prepares detailed system requirements and assists in functional design solutions for new products/functionality and enhancements to existing products/functionality
- Provide oversight and final review of design specification
- Lead effort to identify and evaluate alternative solutions
- Take the initiative to seek out areas of improvement
- Act as a design team leader to ensure progress against goals and timely reporting to management
- Assigned to highly complex projects, systems or initiatives
- Act as a mentor, providing coaching and guidance and reviewing work of other SAs. Oversees the design artifacts produced by other
- SAs to ensure the necessary design considerations were made
- Provides input into forecasting and project?planning for scope/requirements documents and/or vendor contracts to minimize risk to on time, cost effective solution fulfillment.
- Prepares high level proposals that identify viable options to address the client’s needs. Works with appropriate parties to gain
- approval of proposal and initiate work.
- Leads a systematic process for capturing requirements. Works with partners to capture requirements in a standard format that can serve as the foundation for developing technical documentation.
- Using SDLC processes and associated tools, analyzes current system targeted for replacement/enhancement to determine business and technical functions to be included in design.
- Works with Developers and other IT staff to determine system components and functional flow of components and data between components.
- May determine the best?suited technology to meet the business requirements.
- Creates detailed program specifications from which a developer can code.
- Validates the design documentation with the appropriate parties and receives approval on these documents. Reviews final design documents to ensure that they clearly explain the work expectations.
- Clarifies design expectations. Answers business and technical questions. Researches and involves appropriate parties to resolve more complex business and technical issues.
- Continuously assesses systems as business direction changes for impacts to existing designs. Understands impacts and works as appropriate to determine best solution.
- Provide consultative support for the systems within their product family
- Partner with BSA and other IT staff to ensure the design fulfills business and technical requirements
- Responsible for relationship management responsibilities for assigned vendors
- Prepare technical documentation and deliverables including flow charts, models, and procedures, user guides, scorecards and reporting.
- Ensures adherence to practices, standards, policies and procedures.
- Assists in test execution for various system components.
- Prepares complex test strategies to ensure comprehensive coverage of system components and interfaces provides SME level expertise and recommends test strategies and scenarios for junior level analysts.
- Influences business/stakeholders and/or is instrumental in driving business decisions while proposing solutions built on Value Proposition
- Develops and documents vetted contingency plans in case of risks or roadblocks
- Advocates effective solutions that are flexible to accommodate future enhancements
- Responsible for consensus and relationship building between Business, IT teams and BRMs
- Accountable for clearly linking the IT solution to the business vision/strategy while coaching junior analysts to help them understand the business priorities
- Extensive experience with Agile and Waterfall Software Development lifecycles
- Accountable for writing a test plan and executing test cases as needed.
- Other duties as assigned
- Extensive knowledge of X12 and HL7 Healthcare transactions.
- Data mapping experience.
- Knowledge of electronic gateway systems.
- Experience implementing B2B connectivity solutions.
- Minimum of six years work experience is a similar job function.
- Healthcare Payer experience preferred
- Experience with Edifecs tools such as SpecBuilder preferred.
If you have any questions, please call 904-998-9414 and reference Business Systems Analyst position.
Job Status: Full Time