Analyst - Business Analysis II
Job Description: **
* Needs statistics or engineering background
* PM Experience preferred, Industrial Engineer Type of experience
* Effective communication between project teams and leadership
* Heavily detail oriented, must be comfortable with "Big Data"
* Open for different types of programming experience
* Fresh talent welcome - diverse experience welcome
* SQL and R (programming language) experience sets someone apart
Specialist I, Decision Support Analytics
The Decision Support Analytics team resides within the Health Business’ Shared Services. Decision Support Analytics team members provide analytical and operational support to the core processes of Shared Services; act as consultants and analytical support for internal business partners outside Shared Services; engage with Information Technology (IT) to define, prototype and operationalize business solutions.
The Specialist I assists the analytics team to provide insights, analysis, reports, and maintains analytical findings. Accountable for identifying and quantifying key drivers for the Health Business, investigating areas of opportunity, evaluating effectiveness and making recommendations.
- The essential functions listed represent the major duties of this role, additional duties may be assigned.
- Analyze data and use analytical tools and techniques.
- Analyze or assist in the analysis of processes and programs in achieving stated goals. Provide analyses and recommendations if corrections are needed. Investigates and discovers areas of opportunity.
- Monitor and evaluate patterns, costs and trends.
- Produce basic spreadsheets, documents and presentations that are well-documented and easy to follow (e.g., Excel and PowerPoint).
- Write basic programs for data extraction using SQL, R, SAS or related systems.
- Modifies existing programs for data extraction.
- Proactively seeks training and builds knowledge/experience of tools, languages and data sources.
- 2+ years related work experience or equivalent combination of transferable experience and education.
- Bachelor's degree required.
- Experience with analytics and inferential statistics.
- Experience writing SQL, SAS, R or related code.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office products.
- Ability to manage tasks independently, take ownership of responsibilities and meet deadlines.
- Strong written and oral communication skills.
- Bachelor’s degree in Business Analytics, Health Economics, Statistics, Engineering, Mathematics or related field.
- Master’s degree in a related field.
Job Status: Full Time